Problem gambling is an uncontrollable urge to participate in gambling despite negative consequences. If left untreated, problem gambling may lead to financial hardship or other undesired outcomes. Problem gambling can affect anyone, regardless of age, gender, race or financial status. Some warning signs of a gambling problem include:
- I see gaming as a way to make money that I don’t have.
- I’m betting with funds I don’t have or can’t afford to lose.
- I feel gambling activities interfere with my day to day life.
- I am in the process of recovering from any type of addiction.
- I am gambling to escape worry or concern.
- I can’t stop betting even though I want to.
If you feel one or more of these statements apply to you, please click here to find your designated Resource Center by Region or call 1-877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) or visit www.ny.gov/programs/responsible-gaming for more information on other tools.